HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

Share | 

It's like, seriously cold out here man.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: It's like, seriously cold out here man.   Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Chester gazed at his muddled reflection in one of the many steel beams that surrounded him like a metal forest, his breath making a white cloud in the nighttime air. He looked more tired, but other than that he was no different from when he'd left his apartment this morning. Abandoning the image of himself and stuffing his hands into his coat pockets he continued on his way home. He'd been in Atreus City since a few months ago when he'd become stranded after his ship he'd boarded to Sigma was stolen by Wormholemaces.

New Exford hadn't been all that bad for him. Not good, but not bad. He started work before the sun rose and went home after it set. Day after day he worked the same job, mining for ore deep under ground. It didn't pay well. At all. But he had enough money for the necessities. Clothes, food, a home. Despite his even fortune, he didn't want to stay here a moment longer. He didn't belong, he didn't know the language, and without a coat he'd freeze to death in less than a night. It sounded stupid, but the cold was probably the biggest reason for him wanting to get out of this frozen hell. Unfortunately, with his current job he couldn't save very much per month. Frowning slightly, Chester trod closer to the flight of stairs that led to his one room apartment. Really it wasn't much warmer inside than out, but anything would do...

ooc: XI

"I was going to say "blitz my chakras" a lot. I'm serious about that. It was going to be my go-to line. Like, dude, just go apeshit on those chakras. I'm not paypalling you a Benjie and a half for a bunch of weaksauce chakras. I want a chakra you can hang your hat on, WHILE you fry an egg on it, and makes you HIGH just in the amount of time it takes you to go Google whatever the fuck a chakra IS."
-Andrew Hussie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rookie

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: It's like, seriously cold out here man.   Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Lan held an apartment door open, letting bright yellowish light spill out. She stared harshly at the alien inside, who met her gaze with a pleading look of guilt. "Have the money in three days," Lan muttered. "Or you're dead." The alien began to say something, but she promptly shut the door. Her corporation needed that money now more than ever, and they didn't take nicely to overdue payments. So RAVEN had gladly taken advantage of those who needed the money for food and clothing, to make more guns. But Lan really couldn't care less.

She turned and stepped down the creaky steel staircase, with her eyes on the dark, speckled sky above. She had learned about the Evoknight invasion of Sigma, how things went down there. The rest of Atreus was a high-tech, clean-cut city bustling with activity. But this small section of the city was run-down and falout crappy. If this place was blown to kingdom come, Lan wouldn't be able to find a reason to miss it, or the people who lived here.

Lan blinked as her feet stepped off the stairs and onto a tiny patch of snow. Whenever she thought about the Evoknights, something inside her became enraged, calling for death and revenge. But she had to admit, the Evos aren't stupid. New Exford, specifically Atreus, would be a prime target for easily murdering billions of people. But instead of heading here once Sigma was done, they went to Varsia. It didn't add up.

She sensed movement to the right of her and shot a look at an approaching figure, slhouetted in the darkness. Lan tightened her grip on a backpack she was wearing over one shoulder. It was about half full with various mints and coins, and it wouldn't surprise her at all if some petty lowlife resident here tried to mug her. If someone tried, they'd find themselves slain on the sidewalk. Her eyes quickly adjusted, and the figure gained shape and color. It was a human. Those things were really rare these days, considering the circumstances.

Lan met his eyes for a second, then turned to leave. He didn't seem like the kind to snatch something. Then something clicked in her brain. She had seen that face before... Lan turned to look back at him, and she finally pieced together who he was. Chester Comunale, one of her "buddies" back on Earth. And, she recalled, some people called him Cheddar for fun. She turned around to face him again. She hadn't seen him for four long years. "Long time no see..." She said, her breath crystallizing in the air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snicker Muffin

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: It's like, seriously cold out here man.   Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:09 pm

The cold wind blew in through the open window, causing her cloak and lengthy blue hair to stir. Hm, nothing of value here. Not even anything that she could resell for a megear price. The human girl sighed, pushing herself off the window frame. What a waste of time. The heat source from the room across the hall came out, going right past the door to the room she was in. Ebony went over to it silently, pressing a hand on the ice that barred it shut. She had froze the gasses in the air incase the occupant came back and she still needed some time. But it was a wasted effort because there wasn't anything worth taking. She followed the Teroare's body heat, narrowing her blind eyes. The metal money in her backpack shone like diamonds in her mind. Now that was valuable. She turned up the temperature of the straps where her hands were touching. Not only would the straps burn and break, it would probably burn her hands, too.

____*━___━━_*___━━____*━━____*━━­­­ ╰O-O----O-O NyanNyanNyan

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: It's like, seriously cold out here man.   Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Lan. He recognized the voice the instant she spoke to him. She had been a comrade, one of the pawns of the UEF along with him and others. To be honest he didn't know her all that well. He knew that she wasn't the friendliest Terran in the world, but he'd never seen an overtly friendly one anyway. His feelings about her were a little ambiguous. He'd wanted to forget about his life before this, but here was a living reminder of it all. But she was sort of like a friend, if not that an acquittance. "Yeah," he murmured, swiveling around to meet her.

Then he saw something in the window. A fluttering something that caught his eye. Wait. That was his apartment! Glancing at Lan, but without saying anything, he jumped to the opened window. "Hey! What do you think you're doing?" He asked in, for Chester, was a dangerous tone. This girl, this whatever she was, was trying to take what he'd worked so hard to achieve. No way. She wouldn't get away with this, he wouldn't let her.

ooc: Reallyreallyrushed. u.u Sorry if I assumed something/put your char in the wrong place. I'll fix it later when I have more time.

"I was going to say "blitz my chakras" a lot. I'm serious about that. It was going to be my go-to line. Like, dude, just go apeshit on those chakras. I'm not paypalling you a Benjie and a half for a bunch of weaksauce chakras. I want a chakra you can hang your hat on, WHILE you fry an egg on it, and makes you HIGH just in the amount of time it takes you to go Google whatever the fuck a chakra IS."
-Andrew Hussie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rookie

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: It's like, seriously cold out here man.   Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Lan took a step backwards as Chester launched himself upwards, just a split second before her backpack strap flared bright orange and exploded into flames. The fire spread from the backpack and onto her shoulder. The backpack fell scorched to the ground. She stumbled back in surprise and her military mindset jumped into the fray. There was a threat that needed to be neutralized. She suffocated the flames with her hand, and they quickly dwindled down into nothing with help from the harsh cold. Her shoulder, part of her neck and face, and her hand were all burned black. Dammit.

She snapped her gaze to threat, eying it with her signature glare. Lan considered her options. She could unsheathe a knife and nail the girl in the skull. But if it heated up like her backpack did, and her explode and send superheated metal fragments everywhere. It was safer where it was, holstered on her waist, in a sheathe made of special carbon material. It kept the knife in a static environment, keeping temperature changes minimal. It was made so that the knife wouldn't melt or warp in hot environments, or freeze and become fragile in cold environments. She assumed the same policies applied to whatever the hell the other thing just did.

Lan focused on the thing Chester was questioning. She frowned as she realized it was yet another human. Had UWUC moved all the humans here? That was rather unacceptable to say the least. Although she hated doing it, she hung back and let Chester deal with the rat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snicker Muffin

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: It's like, seriously cold out here man.   Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:14 am

What. The. Hell. Ebony slid a foot backwards as the boy jumped in through the open window. You know, about ten feet in the air. She wasn't going to let him catch her, though. Between her and the pesk, she sprang down the temperature enough for the air to turn into a thick wall of ice. Behind her, though, the ice the barred the door was heated up until it splashed to the ground as a liquid. Now, to escape. She heated the door up and gave it a good kick with her foot. It shattered but the pieces started to burn up. She broke through the hole, making it larger, and took off down the stairs--which were metal and so she could see their temperature. There was still that Terroare to deal with. Cover to flee today would be. . .steam. The patches of ice on the ground around her escape route were heated up and bursts of steam rose up. Hopefully, it would bar anyone giving chase.

____*━___━━_*___━━____*━━____*━━­­­ ╰O-O----O-O NyanNyanNyan

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's like, seriously cold out here man.   

Back to top Go down

It's like, seriously cold out here man.
Page 1 of 1